“Magic is believing in yourself. If you can do that, you can make anything happen.”
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
Excessive video gaming or prolonged hours of screen time can be harmful to your eyes. It can cause blurry vision, headaches, discomfort, and focusing problems. If you love playing games, you need to love your vision, and blue light blocking glasses can help with that. It is wise to use safety measures before it's too late since high-energy blue light can potentially cause irreversible damage.
What Are Blue light blocking glasses & What Are They Used For?
Blue light blocking glasses are eyeglasses that are designed to block or filter out the blue light that is emitted by digital screens such as computer monitors, smartphones, and televisions. Blue light is a high-energy, short-wavelength light that is known to disrupt sleep patterns and cause eye strain, headaches, eye fatigue, and other health problems. Blue light blocking glasses reduce eye exposure to this harmful blue light and usually have a slight yellow tint.
avoid high-energy blue light
These glasses typically have lenses that are tinted yellow or amber and are designed to block or absorb blue light. Some glasses also have an anti-reflective coating that reduces glare from screens. Blue light blocking glasses can be prescription lenses or non-prescription and are available in many different styles and frames.
Many people who spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen, such as computer workers, gamers, and students, use blue light blocking glasses to reduce eye strain and improve sleep quality. However, there is still some debate among experts about the effectiveness of these glasses, and more research is needed to fully understand their benefits and potential drawbacks.
There are the best gaming glasses available that can help you to take the strain off your eyes. These gaming glasses can filter out blue light emitted by digital screens. Therefore, using the best gaming glasses allows you to play comfortably and carelessly.
Before moving further to the list of best gaming glasses of 2023, here is our evaluation criteria.
Criteria for Evaluating Gaming Glasses:
The lens of the best gaming glasses can filter out blue light. They prevent color distortion and reduce the light that hits your eye. Moreover, these blue light lenses will keep your mind focused and will help you relax. Finally, while choosing a lens, check its percentage to block blue light.
Gaming glasses come in various lens colors like yellow, amber, blue, clear, etc. It is better to choose the one with a stronger tint as they have a better chance of blocking blue light.
Choosing a frame for your glasses is as important as selecting a lens. Having a stylish frame could make or break the entire gaming experience.
- You should choose it according to your face so that you don't look ridiculous.
- You should select a lightweight frame to play comfortably. Materials like Plastic, Nylon, etc., are reliable.
- Choose a frame with rubber grips as they are more comfortable.
Anti-glare technology in gaming glasses has obvious benefits while blocking harmful UV rays.
- It reduces glare.
- Anti-glare technology improves color contrast and visual quality.
- It is durable as it is directly fused into the lens.
Another thing to consider is the compatibility of gaming glasses with your headphones. It is important to check it for comfortable gameplay. You will most likely wear gaming glasses during the duration of a gaming session to get the most benefits, so choosing some that are compatible with your gaming headset is ideal.
The law of supply states that lower price leads to lower quality supplied, and higher price leads to higher quality supplied.
- At a lower price, you can expect stiff temples, poor anti-glare coating, and a cheap frame with less variety in style.
- On the other hand, high pricing, high-quality lenses, and high-quality frame material, along with more options in terms of fashion and performance, will be available.
related blog posts
What Are the TOP 5 Best Gaming Glasses For 2023?
Gunnar Gaming Glasses are one of the best choices you can have. They provide you with an ideal frame and lens dimensions.
Also, their gaming glasses filter up to 65% UV 400. They provide you with a variety of lens colors with different GBLF values for filtering ultra-blue light. The GBLF factor for any lens measures its ability to provide protection against blue light. The best one that Gunnar is offering is Amber Max with GBLF 98.
If you spend a lot of time on Gaming, you should choose it. Moreover, their rating is quite amazing among other blue light glasses on Amazon.
Finally, the company has an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. Price ranges from $29 to $129.
2. J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Gaming Glasses
The 2nd best gaming glasses you should go for are J+S Vision Blue Light Shield gaming glasses. They provide you with high-quality and low-color distortion lenses. These lenses can reduce screen glare and protect against UV rays.
Furthermore, they filter up to 62% UV light, slightly less than Gunnar Gaming Glasses. They provide you with very comfortable and lightweight frames of different sizes.
Finally, a 1-year warranty is also provided, and their price ranges from $49.99 to $129.99.
3. Livho Blue Light Blocking Gaming Glasses
Livho Blue Light Blocking Gaming Glasses help you with glare reduction and provide you with UV400 protection. The frame is composed of Titanium alloy. It is lightweight, thin, and vintage style. Their lenses are non-polarized, and these glasses have adjustable nose bridges.
If you are a fashion lover, you should go for it. You can wear them in the office as they look stylish and classy. They have one shortcoming they are less glare-reducing than tinted glasses.
Finally, their rating on Amazon is 4.3 out of 5. Price ranges from $29.99 to $59.99
4. Vintage Aviator Gaming Glasses
If you are a fashion enthusiast, this is another option after Livho Blue Light Blocking Gaming Glasses. The Frame is Aviator-shaped and available in royal black and Gold.
In addition, its composition is of stainless steel. It is lightweight and comfortable to carry.
Furthermore, these gaming glasses are available in oval, square, diamond, and heart-shaped shapes.
Price ranges from $28.98 to $54.17. They are rated 4.2 out of 5 on Amazon.
5. ANYLUV Blue Light Blocking Gaming Glasses
ANYLUV Blue Light glasses have non-tinted clear lenses. The best thing about its lenses is they are scratch-free and oil resistant. They also provide you with benefits like UV light blockage and glare reduction.
They have a metal frame that is light in weight and comfortable to use for a long time. Their lenses are quite wide, almost up to 56mm. However, not every gamer prefers wide lenses.
Moreover, wide lenses only fit some people's faces equally. They are not tinted like Gunnar & other gaming glasses. Instead, they are transparent. Finally, their blue light blockage could be better than it is said.
Their price ranges from $10 to $45. They are rated 4.3 out of 5 on Amazon.
Taking care of Gaming Glasses
If you want your glasses to last longer. Then you should take care of them in a better way.
- Don't touch them with your dirty hand like during eating etc.
- When you are done using them, put them back in their glass case or in the bag where they are safe.
- Avoid spitting on your lenses to clean them.
- To avoid scratches, don't use cloth, paper towel, or tissues to clean them.
Cleaning Gaming Glasses
Following are some ways you can use to clean your gaming glasses.
- Use the micro-fiber lens cloth to clean your gaming glasses. It is mostly provided to you along with Gaming Glasses protective case.
- If you cannot clean them only with a micro-fiber cloth, use lens cleaner spray along with it (use a cleaning spray that is compatible with your gaming glasses).
- If your glasses are too dirty, you can use dish soap with warm water (not hot) to clean them.
- Don't ever use perfumes or nail paint remover or anything with acetone. They may damage the protective coating of your lens, making them useless.
Adjusting Your Gaming Glasses
When you get new gaming glasses, you are excited to try them immediately. You may feel great using them, but they may cause dizziness, eye strain, and headache.
- It takes some time to adjust to them. You should get the prescribed pair of gaming glasses that is the right fit for you.
- On the first day, you should wear it for half an hour or more. On the second day, add another hour.
- If you are uncomfortable after using it for a few days, you should check your prescription.
- If you find the frame uncomfortable, consider changing it.
Additional Upgrades in Gaming Glasses
You can upgrade certain features in your gaming glasses if you are not satisfied. You can upgrade lenses and anti-glare or anti-reflective coating to improve the performance of your gaming glasses.
From the list discussed above, it is clear that some glasses have unique features but are expensive. Some are reasonable but are not according to our taste. Some are stylish but have some shortcomings.
It is better to try different gaming glasses and find out which one suits you best in terms of comfort and pricing. When you have multiple items, you can compare them better and decide which one is best for you.
Digital eye strain isn't good for anyone who spends countless hours in front of a computer screen. Investing in a pair of great blue light blocking glasses could reduce exposure to harmful blue light.
Leave a Reply